I did not come up with this. I've stolen it from my girlfriend, who has stolen it from elsewhere.
3 Chicken breasts
1 Medium butternut squash
1 chicken stock cube (OXO)
1 Large saucepan
1 Pair of scissors
1. Skin and cube butternut squash.
2. Heat oil in pan to high heat, then slice bacon with scissors into pan. Break up bacon by stirring it as it cooks.
3. Chop chicken into bite-size (whatever this means to you) pieces. Do not use your teeth to cut raw chicken into bite-size pieces, you can always cut it up later.
4. Add a little more oil to the pan and add the chicken. Cook with occassional stirring until chicken is brown.
5. Boil 200 ml water. Add chicken stock cube and stir to dissolve.
6. Add butternut squash to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add chicken stock to pan and lower heat (I used heat level three on a hob that goes to six). Put a lid onto the pan.
8. After 25 minutes, the butternut squash should be somewhat mushy, but not falling apart of its own accord. Add rosemary and thyme and stir into food. Cook for five minutes without the lid with frequent stirring.
9. The pan should be devoid of liquid, but the food should still be moist. Serve.
Volumise: Add more butternut squash.
Add carbs: Replace butternut squash with sweet potato (I have not tries this).
Add fat: Add more bacon. Add more oil.
Add protein: Add mroe chicken or bacon.
Add awesome: Have a hob that goes up to 11.