My mum made some lemon cake while I'm at home, which needed the zest of a few lemons. The lack of zest left the skin to dry out.
3 Chicken Breasts
6 Spring Onions
2 Sauce Pans
1. Chop and fry spring onions in butter, keep in bowl until later, keep the pan.
2. Peel lemon and boil skin in enough to water to poach the chicken.
3. While boiling lemon skin, chop lemon flesh into small pieces. Mix with a little water in the second sauce pan along with a tablespoon of ground ginger, a tablespoon of sugar and a tablespoon of butter and heat.
4. Chop chicken into thin strips.
5. Remove lemon skin from water and discard.
6. Poach chicken strips in water for 1 minute, remove chicken from water with slotted spoon and place on paper towels to dry.
7. Fry dried poached chicken in frying pan with more butter until brown.
8. Mix chicken and spring onions with lemon sauce in sauce pan and heat until lemon sauce thickens.
(9. Use chicken-poaching water to boil vegetables).
Volumise: Serve with extra vegetables - such as brocolli, cauliflower, carrots.
Add carbs: Add extra sugar or lemon juice to the lemon sauce. Fry some peppers.
Add fat: Mix some coconut oil into the lemon sauce (this will also add thickness to the sauce if eaten cold).
Add protein: Mix an egg into the lemon sauce.