So, you'll all be glad to hear I got Vienna safely this Thursday, and now that I've had a chance to buy some supplies, back to a more regular service of recipes. This first one is basically a variation on beef in plum sauce, but was so tasty, I thought it too needed its own post.
6 Chicken Breasts (sechs Hühnerbrusten)
6 Apricots (sechs Aprikosen)
5 Small Onions (fünf Zweibeln)
2 Peppers (zwei Paprikas)
4 Garlic Cloves (vier Knoblauchzehen)
1 Saucepan (kochtopf)
1 Frying Pan (Bratpfanne)
Olive Oil (Oliveöl)
1. Chop onions finely. Fry in saucepan with olive oil on a low heat.
2. Chop garlic finely. Add to the onions.
3. Remove the stone from the apricots and chop into sixths or eighths, depending on size. Add to onions and garlic.
6. Once lightly browned, add chicken to saucepan.
7. Mix chicken into sauce, and simmer/boil liquid until thickened.
7. Chop peppers into strips and fry in frying pan used for chicken.
Volumise: Mix some spinach into the sauce. Serve with cauliflower mash.
Add carbs: Use more peppers, use more apricots.
Add fat: Mix in some more olive oil or some coconut oil. Serve with roasted avocados.
Add protein: Mix some pieces of bacon in with the chicken.
P.S. If anyone wants to correct my German, leave a comment.